Tuesday 10 May 2011

Roxanne Clue 2 and a Moebius Cast-on

I've finished Clue 2 of my mystery shawl and I'm now partway through Clue 3. After all my stressing about cables they turned out to be a doddle in the end.




The same can't be said for my 'between clues' project. I'd finished Clue 2 but hadn't yet received Clue 3 so was feeling a bit twitchy and needed something new to knit (no idea why I couldn't have finished one of my other wips!).

I found this pattern for a felted bowl with a moebius edge and decided to have a go with my favourite 'love to hate' yarn (Noro!). After attempting, and finally managing, a moebius cast-on I will never stress about a new knitting challenge ever again! I appeared to be knitting from the inside of the moebius loop outwards and was sure that I was doing something wrong - but apparantly not! The turquoise yarn in the centre is where I cast on.


I just kept knitting in the hope that all would be revealed and it was! I just need to stitch the bowl and the edge together and then felt it. Very exciting!

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Rather you than me with the moebius cast on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tilly, thanks for visiting! I did think about sanding, but the stain is so deep. I probably will do a some stage when i have time. :-) Sanding is definitely one of my least favourite things!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...