Thursday 7 August 2008

My Introduction to Crafting.....


was through my maternal grandmother who died, at a reasonably good age, nearly 20 years ago. I have several photo's of her from the 1950's and 1960's but sadly nothing more recent. I guess she was camera shy? Here she is in 1960:


She was absolutely fabulous. She lived by the seaside and was endlessly patient in whatever we were doing. She was an avid knitter and I remember her making me a fantastic red and white poncho amongst other things. She taught me to knit when I was about 7 or 8 years old and things have developed from there. Though I like to do several different crafts now I still have a fascination with wool and will buy it even when I dont have a specific project in mind or know how much I might need! Crazy huh?!


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Tilly! Thanks so much for visiting me yesterday! :o) So very nice to meet you...and see who inpsired you creatively. Over the years I've learned much about sewing and crochet from my mom. It's great to learn crafts from family! And I can relate to the buying of yarn/wools unnecessarily--LOL! Happy weekend :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...