A while ago I came across a blog project called 'A Week in my Life' where participants were cataloguing their entire week from photos down to bus tickets and till receipts. I thought I might have a go at the photos (I've got enough junk and clutter about the place thanks very much!). I took a few photos but then ditched them as they were all so 'ordinary'. I don't know what else I expected really!
Anyway, a few days ago Lesley posted about her 'ordinary day' and so I decided to resurrect the ordinary week project, and here it is, with a few explanatory notes (Sunday to Saturday of last week):
Our version of 'Simply Breakfast' (ha ha!); Mr Earplugs usually makes bread at the weekend;
Miss Muffet baked a cake (should have been fruit cake but we didn't have all the ingredients, down to me being an 'undomestic goddess!!'); I used to love a cappuccino in the afternoon but now I'm on the peppermint tea (morning sickness); I love these noodles - disgusting really;
Nipper loves 'In the Night Garden'. If he's having a strop this is sure to shut him up (good old electronic babysitter!); He also loves 'Squiglet' - this is included as Nipper decided to colour along with Squiglet, only he did have a crayon and it was all over the tv screen. Mr Earplugs was pretty cool about it because he reckoned it was 'educational' - lol!; We don't get to watch too much tv but sometimes tape stuff to watch later. I love 'Heroes' and I'm a 'Strictly' addict!;
Here's a bit of what Nipper got up to: Every morning he switches on the cd player and we listen to Mr Earplug's blues & soul cd. We have to have Ray Charles' 'What'd I Say' playing with Nipper shouting out 'awright!'; A bit of a strop coming on as Nipper couldn't work out how to get his sandal on; Being 'helpful' with the cotton buds; And generous with his bubbles;
Getting 'up close and personal'; He likes to have his cars all lined up; Fun with playdoh - he's mixed up all the colours now so it looks like something that needs to be scooped up and put in a poop bag; What Nipper likes best - a big mess!;
Trying to get rid of our colds; The poor cat trying to get some shut-eye; Our girls - don't look too close as they need cleaning out (that's a Miss Muffett spending money job but the 'carrot' isn't working); Big beastie who made his web across the windscreen inside the car - Mr Earplugs nearly had a heart attack.
The usual daily stuff; Washing; Ironing - which is usually a mountain before I do anything about it; Nappies!; The epic proportions of our recycling pile (another Miss Muffett 'undone' job);
And what I might be doing once I've dealt with all of the above!; Trying to make some number and letter flash cards - will blog them if they ever get finished; A bit of blogging; And my knitting (Wisp).
And what isn't shown:
- my friends daughter's birthday party - 30 rampant 4 year olds!
- my s-i-l's birthday tea
- Miss Muffet's friend's paintball party - she's covered in bruises and doesn't fancy going again
- our toddler group session (no cameras allowed)
- Nipper's Sunday swim (no cameras allowed)
- the look of horror on my face when Nipper pulled the needles out of my knitting
- and again when he emptied half a bottle of body lotion down his front and all over the bedroom carpet
- my grumpy face when woken by Mr Earplugs alarm clock at 5:15am. He can't hear it because of the earplugs!
- my grumpy face (again) when woken in the middle of the night by Nipper. This happens about 5 nights out of every seven.
- my even grumpier face when we were all woken up at 4:00am with the cat yowling because he fancied a midnight stroll!
Yep, I'm one grumpy Mama!